The Macquarie University Scholarships for International Students are awarded to recognize academic excellence for international students. This highly competitive scholarship is based on academic merit and is awarded to future students. It provides a partial tuition fee scholarship for outstanding students to study for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at Macquarie University.
Macquarie University grants millions of dollars in scholarships annually, with a significant focus on promoting social inclusion. These scholarships are primarily awarded based on financial need or related considerations. Additionally, there are scholarships available that recognize exceptional leadership skills, voluntary contributions, or remarkable sporting achievements.
Macquarie University Scholarships 2023 Summary
- Host Institution(s): Macquarie University in Australia
- Levels/Fields of study: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programmes offered at the University
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Target group: International students from a country other than Australia or New Zealand
Macquarie Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships Benefits:
- ASEAN Partner Scholarships have a value of up to AUD $15,000 per year.
- The ASEAN Partner Scholarships provide fee reductions for eligible students.
- Accommodation expenses are covered for scholarship recipients, along with health coverage.
Macquarie University Scholarships for International Students Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must be a full-time international student commencing an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree (excluding Graduate Certificates and Global MBA courses) and meet the following criteria:
- Achieve a minimum WAM equivalent of 65 for Postgraduate applications; or a minimum ATAR equivalent of 85 for Undergraduate applications.
- Commence study in the session and year indicated in your scholarship letter of offer.
Before applying for Macquarie University Scholarship, it is essential for candidates to have the following set of documents prepared. Preparing these documents in advance will save you time and address any queries you may have before the scholarship deadline:
- Copies of all educational documents, including transcripts, degrees, and certificates.
- English Proficiency Certificate (TOEFL/IELTS).
- Scholarship-specific CV outlining your experiences and skills.
- Motivation Letter explaining why you are a suitable candidate for the scholarship.
- Recommendation Letters from two previous professors or institutes.
- Copy of a valid passport.
- Research Proposal or Study Plan.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) describing your potential contributions to Macquarie University if awarded the scholarship.
How to Apply for Macquarie University Scholarship
To be considered for this scholarship applicants are required to complete a nomination form and hold a valid offer letter to study at Macquarie University. As part of the application form, you must:
- Applicants must complete an application form and type “VCIS” in the Scholarship Name field.
- Enter your student number as outlined on your Macquarie University Offer Letter.
It is important to note that you should apply for your degree before applying for the scholarship. As scholarships are limited in number, it is highly recommended to accept your offer and apply for the scholarship early to avoid any potential disappointment.
Deadline to Apply for Scholarship
The application period for Macquarie University Scholarships will close in December 2023. For detailed information regarding the available scholarships, please visit the official website of Macquarie University. You can find information about the degree application process by visiting the following link on the website.
To apply for the scholarships online, click here