For the academic year 2024–2025, around 1000 scholarships to Australia are offered to international students by prestigious Australian universities. These scholarships cover tuition, housing costs, health insurance, travel expenses, and an average monthly stipend of AUD 20,000. One of those scholarships is the University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2024 in Australia.
The Queensland University Law Award 2024–2025 is a partially sponsored international student award. Scholarships for law study at the bachelor’s and master’s levels are available. This award is worth 25% or 50% of the master’s program’s legal component.
Scholarships for exceptional international students wishing to be admitted into coursework master’s programmes in law, such as the Master of Laws (L.L.M.), Master of International Law (M.I.L.), Master of International Commercial Law (MICLaw), or dual degree programmes, are available from the University of Queensland’s School of Law.
The scholarship programme for law at Queensland University is now open. We will go into great detail regarding this scholarship in this post, including its advantages and a step-by-step guide for applying. Continue reading to find out more about this Scholarship and discover how to apply using our easy, step-by-step instructions.
About The University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2024 in Australia
Located mainly in Brisbane, Australia, the Institution of Queensland (UQ) is a public research institution. The fifth-oldest university in Australia, UQ, was established in 1909 by the state legislature. One of Queensland University’s numerous scholarships is again available to international students today. With the help of this year-long partial funding legal scholarship, students can pursue a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field. This offer is worth up to 50% or at least 25% of the total cost of a master’s degree programme.
This is for all of the exceptional pupils out there. This is being offered by the esteemed institution’s School of Law to individuals interested in participating in their legal programmes, which include:
- Legal Masters (L.L.M.)
- International Commercial Law Master’s Programme (MICLaw)
- Dual degree Master of International Law (M.I.L.) programmes
- With great pleasure, the University of Queensland announces the suite of scholarships for international students in 2024:
- Scholarship for UQ International Excellence (25% off tuition)
- Scholarship for UQ International High Achievers (20% decrease in tuition fees)
- Ten per cent off the tuition charge for UQ Lifelong Learners
One of the significant changes to the 2024 suite of scholarships is the UQ International High Achievers Scholarship, which will now award 20% of the annual tuition cost for the course of the degree instead of the previous A$10,000 spread over two semesters.
Before each semester’s intake, qualifying offer holders will be evaluated through scholarship rounds, and the Scholarship Committee will choose the recipients of the UQ International Excellence Scholarship and UQ International High Achievers Scholarship. Eligible students are automatically considered for and given the Scholarship for UQ Lifelong Learner.
Please be aware that not all UQ programmes are eligible for the scholarship programme.
Prospects of the Scholarship
- Studying at the undergraduate or master’s level at Queensland University
- Chance Focus Areas: University of Queensland Bachelor of Laws (Honours) or related dual degree programme.
- Dual degree programmes include the Master of Laws (L.L.M.), Master of International Law (M.I.L.), and Master of International Commercial Law (MICLaw).
- Programme Length: Four years for graduate students. A master’s degree takes two years.
- Last Day: October 30 is the deadline for students starting in Semester 1. The deadline for students starting in Semester 2 is May 15.
Coverage of The Scholarships
- The recipient of the Queensland University Scholarship receives:
- Undergraduate scholarships are available in two forms.
- Four scholarships are available for courses taken towards the Master of Laws (L.L.M.), Master of International
- Law (M.I.L.), or Master of International Commercial Law (MICLaw) programmes. Two scholarships pay 50% of the tuition fees, and the others cover 25%.
- Living expenditures, travel costs, international health insurance, and the cost of student services and amenities are not covered by the Scholarship.
Qualifications for the Law Scholarship at Queensland University
- To be eligible for the Queensland University Law Scholarship for International Students, applicants need to meet each of the requirements listed below:
- English is the required language.
- All nations across the world are eligible.
- International students who have yet to start at UQ but have applied or are applying to be admitted into a postgraduate legal programme.
How To Apply for a Law Scholarship at Queensland University?
- To study at UQ, you must first apply. It would help if you used it to enroll in the L.L.M., MIL, MICLaw, or dual degree programmes.
- After receiving an offer or having an application on file with UQ, you can apply for a scholarship by completing the online application form and attaching the necessary supporting documentation.
- Official academic transcript/s, two reference letters, resume/CV.
- University of Queensland Admissions
If you’re going to study at the University of Queensland, it’s necessary to familiarize yourself with the application process and requirements of the university.
Each school has a distinct application procedure, so you must be vigilant and updated on the latest news. Visit their official website sometimes and only employ legal ways while submitting applications. Furthermore, you must constantly note the pertinent data regarding your admittance to guarantee a smooth application process.
Benefits of the Scholarship
The Scholarship will be applied towards the tuition of a programme in the Faculty of Business, Economics, and Law that meets the requirements. It does not cover:
- The S.A.F. (Student Services and Facilities Fee)
- The application cost for the University of Queensland
- Retake costs for courses that were unsuccessful
- Additional administrative enrollment costs or late course additions
- Textbooks or additional incidental expenses
- Cost of living
- Health Insurance
- Students cannot postpone deferment of scholarmustSchocompletedffers to a subsequent semester or year.
- The offer will expire, and the student will have to reapply for the Scholarship in a later round if they are unable to accept it because of a personal crisis or other factors. It should be noted that submitting another application for the Scholarship does not ensure that you will receive another offer.
The Scholarship Committee has stated that only complete scholarship applications will be taken into consideration.
The Scholarship Committee will convene as soon as possible following the deadline, and candidates will receive written notification of the results.
Any scholarship offer is contingent upon the candidate’s acceptance into The University of Queensland’s accredited legal programme.