The University of York GREAT Scholarships is one of the eight prestigious international scholarships offered by the University of York in partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign to students in China, Ghana, India, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand, and Turkey applying for a variety of postgraduate courses.
The GREAT Scholarship program offers financial support of a minimum of £10,000 to students pursuing one-year postgraduate study in the UK. Students can apply for courses in various subjects, at the 49 institutions across England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
University of York GREAT Scholarships 2023-2024 Brief Description
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of York, UK
- Host Institution(s): University of York, UK
- Scholarship Worth: £10,000
- Number of Awards: 8
- Study Level: Postgraduates
- Nationality: International students.
The GREAT Scholarships 2023 program, launched by the British Council together with 49 UK universities, supports postgraduate students from Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand, Turkey, and Vietnam to access world-class UK higher education opportunities.
The University of York GREAT Scholarships are open to applicants from the majority of postgraduate taught courses for China, Ghana, India, Nigeria, and Thailand. Applicants from Pakistan and Turkey are only eligible if applying for one of our postgraduate Law programmes.
GREAT Scholarships at the University of York Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the University of York GREAT Scholarships for International Students, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- The application is open to students from China, Ghana, India, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand, and Turkey.
Be a citizen of China, Ghana, India, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand, and Turkey
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer to study a one-year postgraduate taught course at the University of York by 15 May 2023 (you don’t need to have accepted the offer). Students from Pakistan and Turkey are eligible to apply if they have the offer to study one of the below courses:
- LLM Law
- LLM Art Law
- LLM International Corporate and Commercial Law
- LLM International Human Rights Law and Practice
- LLM Legal and Political Theory
- MA Applied Human Rights
- Be paying fees at the overseas fee rate (any fee assessments must be completed by 15 May 2023)
- Have you met any language conditions of your offer by 15 May 2023?
How-to-Apply: To be considered for the University of York GREAT Scholarships for International Students, you must apply for this scholarship online. As part of the application, you will need to provide answers to questions about your course of study and your goals for the future.
Applications for 2023/24 are open until Monday 15 May 2023, 12 pm BST
Visit the Official Website for Further Details